Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ready, Get Set, Go!

I'm here! The last week and a half has been filled with an assortment of experiences, emotions, sights, sounds, and SMELLS. One of the best parts has been seeing all the people I started relationships with last year. It was so exciting when some of the kids from Soroti ran up to me and yelled my name as soon as they saw me. They remembered my name! I wasn’t sure if they would, since most mzungus (white people) look the same to them. But, it just confirmed that my time in Soroti last year was worth while. It made a difference in their lives. If you haven’t checked out the team's blog yet, I highly recommend it. There were a lot of amazing things I got to be a part of: www.marinersteamuganda.blogspot.com

But, for this blog, I’ll be focusing on my experiences in Uganda from here on. I'm on my own now (well that's not completely true, since there are some other Americans helping me figure things out).

No comments: