Friday, July 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye...

Why is it so hard to say goodbye? It's never been very hard for me to pick up and GO- to college, graduate school, Spain, etc. But this time, it seems a little harder. Maybe it's because I know I will miss many of the basic comforts of life we take for granted in the United States. Maybe it's because I will miss eating Mexican food at least 5 times a week. OR maybe it means that I really care about the PEOPLE and things that I am leaving behind for the next year! I will miss all of my friends and family immensely. But, I know that going back to Uganda as a missionary teacher is something God has been preparing me to do for a long time. There is some comfort in knowing that I am following His will in my life, and not my own. There has been a number of times when I have wondered, "What am I DOING going to LIVE in Africa?!" But there is a calming whisper reminding me, "Just wait. You will see what I have planned for you!" I'm certainly excited and anxious to see...

6 comments:

dc said...

we're excited for you too! can't wait to see what God does...

Adam said...

Looking forward to hearing about everything you have in store for you this coming year!

Kelly said...

Shelby, Donnie, and I will miss Auntie Beth and will be praying for you every day!

Liz Thomson said...

So exciting to be following God's will! I love that He is encouraging you and talking to you about this. He is going to use you in HUGE ways.

I love Beth!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Becky Freeman said...

Puma, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do through you and to hear all your amazing stories. And, selfishly, I can't wait to see you and hug you when you come home in December! Love you!

huy do said...

did you say hi to naked baby? did he ask for me or chase?