Saturday, September 13, 2008

Month One...

You know you've been in Uganda for a month when...

1. All your shoes are starting to have a nice reddish-brown coat on them.



2. Your feet have more blisters and soars on them than you thought possible (these are just a couple of the pics- there could have been more!).



3. Your very STRAIGHT hair all of a sudden starts to get WAVY in the humidity.



4. Your taxi driver almost runs into a wall when you tell him to turn left because he thinks you want him to turn right.


5. You've gotten multiple marriage proposals from Ugandans who say they "love you".


6. The rooster becomes your alarm clock WAY earlier than you want to get up.


7. A chicken runs at you when you walk out the back door (thinking I had food?!?) or you see an occasional monkey sitting on the fence. And your pet turkey is soon going to be Thanksgiving dinner.


8. Ugandan aerobics becomes a part of your weekly routine (oh how I wish I could have included the video on this one!).

Sorry, guys. I tried to include some videos on a couple of these, but the connection is just too slow to download it. If anyone else has a suggestion, I'll take it because I was letting about a 5sec video of the rooster download for about 4 hours before I gave up. I didn't even try the 20 sec aerobic video.

2 comments:

Becky Freeman said...

Ah man ... I wanna see the aerobics video!

Allison Hathaway said...

Aerobics...hysterical!!!! Now I know that I need to pray that you eventually won't say "yes" to one of these proposals just out of frustration...