Monday, July 6, 2009

Back Home!

I've been back home for over a week now... first visiting my parents and some friends from high school, then heading south to move in to a new apartment.

Getting home was no easy task, though. Since I visited Egypt on my way back to Uganda this last January, I had to go through Cairo once again. So, this is how the trip went...
Uganda to Kenya to Sudan to Egypt (for an 8 hour layover beginning at midnight!?!) to London to San Francisco

It took an insane number of hours and two missed nights of sleep before I arrived in SF. BUT, I arrived WITH all my luggage, so all was well.

Now I'm settling back into Orange County. I spent my first night at my new apartment last night. I go to sign my new teaching contract tomorrow...hooray! Things will be back into full swing before I know it!

1 comment:

Liz Thomson said...

You have a job??? Hooray! I miss you - I will attempt to call you at some point...but to be honest, things are insane. I love you! :)