Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maranatha Christian School...part 1

Recently, I realized that I didn't really have any pictures from school...the students, teachers, etc. that I work with. So, I took my camera to school and started taking pictures like crazy...first in P2, then both P3 classes. Before I could even make it to the P4 class, which I also work with, my battery died...I guess I'll have to take my camera to school again another time!

Here's a picture of the lower primary section (Primary 1-3 classes), where I tend to spend most of my day...construction is always ongoing down here.

I taught the P2 class "The Ants Go Marching" song, to work on rhyming, number sequence, and animal habitats...hoorah, hoorah!

Teacher Peninah and her P3 class...where I usually can be found, even when I'm not teaching.

Teacher Olivia: the head P3 teacher, who works mainly with the struggling students of P3.

Nussula (the middle, back student) is an example of when retaining a student can work. Last year, Nussula was in the bottom 5 students in her P3 class of about 70 students. She was in one of my reading groups and started to make progress, but not enough to move her on to P4. This year, she is at the top of her class and raises her hand confidently! She's constantly helping the other students in her class as well.

No comments: