Saturday, February 21, 2009

What's Your Name?

I've lived with the Atherstones for a total of about 5 months now. Wednesday nights, I babysit the two boys, Noah and Kadin, while Jeff and Christine go out to Small Group. This past Wednesday, Kadin (almost 4yrs) looked up at me and said, "Hey! What's your name?" Not that he never talked to me before or hadn't heard my name be said by the others in the house, but he didn't REALLY know my name.

Now, he hasn't stopped saying my name since Wednesday...which, according to Kadin, is Beff. He has this funny habit of saying people's names quite often when he talks to them.

So, today went something like this...
After lunch, Kadin brought over a stack of Diego books to read, which he pretty much has memorized. With each book he picked up he said, "Beff, that's a humpback whale Beff...Beff, Beff, that's a crab Beff...Beff, what's that Beff?"

Later in the afternoon, I was playing with both the boys, chasing them around the house. Kadin decided to take sides with me to chase Noah. "Beff! Beff, let's get Noah, Beff...Beff, where's Noah Beff?...Beff, let's go this way Beff!"

I guess he's catching up on not saying my name in the last 5 months.


A picture of Kadin in his "work" outfit.

No comments: